We love lemon anything! join us as we make our delicious Lemon Cheese Danish
For the Danish
- 6oz cream cheese softened
- 3Tbsp of granulated sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1tsp of vanilla extract
- 1 box, of puff pastry thawed
- 1 egg white lightly beaten
For the Glaze:
- 1 cup of powder sugar
- 2 Tbsp milk
- ¼tsp of vanilla extract
For the Danish:
- Position two oven racks towards the center of the oven. Preheat the oven to 375F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, granulated sugar, egg yolk, lemon juice, and vanilla on medium-low speed until well combined.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll the homemade puff pastry into a 16x8-inch rectangle, cut in half lengthwise, and then into quarters crosswise, creating 8 (4-inch) squares. (If using store-bought puff pastry, lightly roll each sheet to flatten the creases and cut to make 8 (4-inch) squares.) Brush the edges of the squares lightly with the beaten egg white. Fold each corner in about 1 inch towards the center and gently press to adhere. Place 2 inches apart on the baking sheets. Brush any exposed pastry with egg white.
- Scoop about 1 tablespoon of the cream cheese filling into the center of each pastry.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Rotate pans and continue baking for another 15 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown and puffed. Let cool on the baking sheet while making the glaze.
For the Glaze:
- While the pastries cool, whisk together the confectioners’ sugar, milk, and vanilla extract until smooth. Drizzle over the warm pastries before serving.